I have been working as a freelance sheet music editor, proofreader and typesetter since 2013, after training and working in-house at Oxford University Press. I provide any combination of these services for a variety of publishers, organisations, composers and performers. I also offer text proofreading of music-related materials.
I have extensive experience working on choral and orchestral music and my own activities as an oboist and choral singer inform and complement this work. I am proficient in Sibelius, the industry-standard music typesetting program, producing print-ready, publication-quality scores.
I am a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians.
CIEP grade: Professional Member
Keywords: sheet music, typesetting, choral, orchestral
Instruments: oboe, choral singing, piano
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- BA Music, Nottingham (2:1)
- MA Psychology of Music, Sheffield (merit)
- CIEP: Copyediting 2, Headway (merit)
- Publishing Training Centre: Basic Proofreading (merit)
- DipABRSM Oboe (distinction)
- ABRSM Grade 8 Piano (merit)